Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Quotable Quotes from Xavier

While Curtis and I were in Las Vegas, Xavier stayed with his Grandmama and Granddaddy and his Mema.

The first day we were gone, Xavier was playing with his Grandmama. The Browns have an old gumball machine in their entryway, and Xavier wanted to play with the "balls" that were inside. Being quite the sorter, Xavier started organizing the gumballs.

He looked at a group of them and said, "Grandmama, those colorful balls make a triangle."

So smart!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Rock-A-Bye Baby"


Here I am, two days before Xavier's second birthday, wondering where the days have gone. TWO YEARS?! Two years ago today, I was still a Taylor Agency employee, training a new employee, and walking around like a penguin with a big huge belly! This was me on January 17, 2006! Terrible picture, but you get the idea. Can you see my wedding ring hanging on a necklace around my neck? Or my terribly swollen feet and face? Or the fact that I am, of course, eating in this picture? Life is hard to imagine before Xavier . . .


Before baby . . . but that's just it. He is not a baby anymore . . . he has a big boy haircut, walks perfectly well through the woods without my help, eats with a spoon and fork, and by the grace of God, has started going to the potty by himself too. But, he is still my baby at the end of the day. A fews nights ago, while rocking him before bed, I started singing "Rock-A-Bye Baby". Xavier loved it. He loves when I sing, but he has never loved a song so much. He will stop me in the middle of the day and request "rock a baby", and then while I sing, he just stares at me, like he did when he was a newborn. For those moments, he is truly my baby again.

Sorry for the whiney "my little boy is growing up too fast" Mommy post, but it's true! He is growing up too fast!

No comments: