Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Quotable Quotes from Xavier

While Curtis and I were in Las Vegas, Xavier stayed with his Grandmama and Granddaddy and his Mema.

The first day we were gone, Xavier was playing with his Grandmama. The Browns have an old gumball machine in their entryway, and Xavier wanted to play with the "balls" that were inside. Being quite the sorter, Xavier started organizing the gumballs.

He looked at a group of them and said, "Grandmama, those colorful balls make a triangle."

So smart!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Apologies for Lagging BEHIND!

I know it's been a while . . . May is always a busy month for the Brown/Davis/Shealy families, so finding time to upload pictures doesn't come easily. I am going to post some actual pictures, but I'm also going to post some links to my Facebook albums. It takes MUCH LESS time to upload to FB, so you get to actually see MORE pictures that way.

Okay, so back at the end of April, I took Xavier to Folly Beach for the day, after a visit with my friends at the Taylor Agency. Xavier discovered that he now LOVES "the river", also known as the ocean. He would never even set foot in it before, so we broke some serious ground that day. After our long day in Charleston, and a nap on the way home, we stopped at the Colonial Center to see Lightning McQueen! The "real" McQueen! Here are those pictures.

A few days later, we had a visit from my best friend Stella and her handsome 2 year old son, Henry. Xavier and Henry got along quite well, especially considering they have very similar personalities. Xavier still talks about his friend Henry.

I had so much fun taking pictures of this face - so DURN CUTE!!! The rest of the pictures from that day are HERE.

For Xavier's Grandmama and Mema, I decided to get a little crafty for Mother's Day this year. I finally relented and got out the newspaper and paints and let Xavier go to town! I'm a little OCD, so painting has always terrified me a bit! :) We painted Xey's hands and feets and made picture frames for the grandmas. They turned out really cute and Xavier had tons of fun!

On May 8, my beautiful cousin Lauren graduated from USC Magna Cum Laude. She will be attending grad school at USC in the fall. We are all very proud of her!
For Mother's Day and my 32nd birthday on May 12, we went to one of my favorite restaurants - Olive Garden. I could seriously eat there every day and be very happy! My boys treated me to a special day and a crazy, but fun dinner!

May 17 was a HUGE day for Xavier. That is the day he became a BIG BOY and got rid of "Mr. Gase" . . . his pacifier. We threw Mr. Gase in the pond across from our house and had a "No More Gase" party. Xavier has done so great without his pacifier and Curtis and I couldn't be more proud of him!

No comments: