Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Quotable Quotes from Xavier

While Curtis and I were in Las Vegas, Xavier stayed with his Grandmama and Granddaddy and his Mema.

The first day we were gone, Xavier was playing with his Grandmama. The Browns have an old gumball machine in their entryway, and Xavier wanted to play with the "balls" that were inside. Being quite the sorter, Xavier started organizing the gumballs.

He looked at a group of them and said, "Grandmama, those colorful balls make a triangle."

So smart!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Xavier's First Day of School

Well, our "baby" started his first day of 2 year old preschool this past Tuesday. Since he is with me all day, everyday, I thought it may be good for him to get some time with kids his own age. I put Xavier on the waiting list about a year ago, and he got a slot for the 08-09 school year.

I have been worried about this day, thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it, seeing my little boy all grown up and going to school. Plus, Xavier tends to be sort of shy to start off, and clingy to me, so I didn't want him to be upset either. (Yes, I know he would get over it.)


So, we went to open house a few weeks ago, and met Xavier's teachers, Mrs. Bronwyn and Mrs. Mary Ann. Xavier got to see his classroom and the playground, and that was it! He was sold! He would ask me over and over "I go back to school?" He was excited and that was good!


Xavier ate his breakfast and was ready to go!


I even bought him a brand new "Cars" backpack for school!
Off we go!
I tried to get him to look at me, but he just wanted to climb. At least he was facing in the camera's direction!
Here is in front of his classroom . . . His class is called Forest Friends.
He took a look around the classroom, and that was it! I told him goodbye, and gave him a kiss, and off he went to play. When I was at the doorway, he turned around and said "Mama!", and I told him I would be back to pick him up. He said "okay", and went back to playing!


The first day of school was a big success, and I was so proud of Xavier! He is such a big boy!

No comments: