Okay, so I know he's only 18 months old, but a couple of months ago, Xavier started showing an interest in the potty. He would want to watch every time Curtis had to go. If he heard the bathroom door open, he would go running in, no matter what was going on. So, I told Curtis, once we got back from our vacation, I wanted to buy Xavier his own potty, and that's what we did.
I presented it to Xavier as if it was a gift, and he was quite curious. He knew what to do and sat right on it. We put his potty in the downstairs bathroom next to the big potty, and every now and then, I ask Xavier if he has to go. He will go into the bathroom, sit on his potty (diaper and all) and shake his head "No".
We have noticed that anytime he does "go", he grabs onto his diaper and makes his "concerned" noises. He can't talk, so I will just call his grunts "noises" for lack of a better description. I think it's a good sign that he even realizes what is going on and that he shows any type of interest.
Who knows if it is all in vain, but who cares. The pictures are too funny!
Xavier took an immediate interest in this box that Mommy and Daddy told him was his present. He wanted to take it out right away.
A little practice before we put the potty in it's new home in the hall bathroom.
And, some real practice, sans diaper! When Xavier finally does "pee pee" in his potty for the first time, it will play a "Royal Tune" according to the box!
No comments:
Post a Comment